Rotten Tomatoes Senior Web Engineer
Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com), the leading movie reviews and previews destination, is seeking an energetic, organized, and self-starting web engineer to help lead our engineering and technology efforts for the next several years. We’ve spent the last five years building amazing technology, content management systems, and community tools. However, our Chief Technology Officer has moved on to more managerial responsibilities, so we’re looking for a team player to work with our engineering team to help craft our future engineer efforts and feature additions.
We are a small company (10 employees) with flexible hours and a friendly small company environment. At the same time, as a part of IGN Entertainment and News Corp., you’ll have big company career development opportunities and benefits.
Please submit a brief cover letter, a resume, and URLs and description of previous web development work (professional or self-initiated) to [email protected]
* Plan, develop, and test content management and data integration/implementation systems
* Cooperate with engineers from other IGN divisions and external data companies to integrate external data/code
* Cooperate with Rotten Tomatoes front-end engineers to integrate front-end code and designs
* Complete assigned projects independently, on-schedule, and with reliable code
* Demonstrable self-initiated web-based projects using PHP, HTML, and SQL a BIG plus
* Prior experience with content management systems a plus
* Solid understanding of web development & production processes, including requirements gathering, design, development tools and technologies, QA and deployment
* Demonstrable experience to successfully work and code independently AND within an team
* Demonstrable experience implementing code in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) a BIG plus.
* Being a movie and/or video game fanatic is a BIG plus
Requirements & Education
* 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (CS/EE a plus)
* Demonstrable experience with PHP, HTML, and MySQL a must
* A minimum of four years in web development in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
IGN (Rotten Tomatoes) respects, values and welcomes diversity in our workforce, as well as in the IGN community. Our policy is to comply with all applicable laws and to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, and social and recreational programs.
We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and/or employees with known physical and/or mental limitations, unless undue hardship would result, consistent with applicable laws.